Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Hate Money and Other Random Things

Okay, I hate money. That is the truth. Money is stupid. Not to mention the love of it is the root of all evil...etc., etc. I could blather on and on about why and how much I hate money. I could color my commentary with many descriptive expletives. But I will spare you that and suffice it to say I hate money. A lot. Actually, hate is probably a lame word, I despise money and I loathe money. There, that's it.

I have been asking God to show me why my blood pressure rises and my hands start to shake when I think about money and I believe He has given me a bit of an answer. I think it's because money seems to have taken a bit of centre stage in our world. I know that shocks none of you. I know I have not just given anyone a revelation.

But I wonder, as believers, if we have been oblivious to how the enemy is using the power of money against us? No actually, that is a lie. I don't wonder, I know. The liar has been convincing us that money has more power than it really does and maddeningly, we've replaced the power of God with the power of money. We have forgotten WHO the Master of the money really is. It is not the enemy, it is God. He controls everything in this world, including money and the people who have it.

So, is there a point to this tirade. Well no, not really except that I just want to get that off my chest and yes, absolutely, because I think right now the enemy has a foothold in a situation he has no right to and he is using money to control it.

We in North America say this, "Well, God doesn't just pour money into our hands because He wants us to have faith in Him and ask Him for provision." Again, venting here, I am sick of hearing that. Call me young (and thank you if you do) and impertinent or even idealistic or naive or whatever. At this point I am so freaking tired of money that I don't care what anybody calls me for saying this.

Do any of you have children? Besides providing them with food and clothing, do you have any other responsibilities toward them? Like their spiritual well being perhaps? I don't know if you've just cruised through parenthood, but I have not. Being a Mom has been the most brutal job I have ever had because I am completely inadequate to accomplish any part of it.

So, what do I have to do? I have to ask my Heavenly Father for provision. Provision of wisdom, provision of love, provision of patience (because some days, that is just not the immediate feeling I have toward my children), and on and on it goes. I could have the biggest bank balance in all the history of mankind and I would still have to go EVERY DAY to God and ask Him for those things. And EVERY DAY through the power of Jesus and His Holy Spirit, God will provide those things for me.

Therefore the question is: Does God need to provide us with money and material things to show us He is aware of our every need? NO HE DOES NOT. Let me repeat that, NO HE DOES NOT. In fact, it probably insults the expletive out Him when we use that as a measure of His goodness to us.

I am pretty sure scripture (Matthew 6) says;

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God[d] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

There are many more such declarations in His word and you and I both know that.

Has anyone ever heard of Dubai? In Dubai, there are people with so much money that they just make islands. I am serious, they just walk around during the day and go, "I am bored, I want to make some more money to add to my gazillions of dollars, so I am going to make some islands and charge ridiculous amounts of money for people to stay or live on those islands." And I just happened to catch a TV show the other day that was dedicated to expounding the virtues of the newest 'gravity defying' monster skyscraper tower thing that was getting built in, you guessed it, Dubai. Bazillions of more dollars going toward something completely useless.

Guess what, I hate what goes in with money in Dubai.

But here's the thing. For years we have gone, "Oh well, that is just how the world works. People in Dubai have quatrillions of dollars to do whatever they want with and us pious little Christians are just going to scrape and grovel and barely make ends meet, etc., etc."

I hate scraping and grovelling.

We are the sons and daughters of the MOST HIGH GOD people! If you don't believe me, check this out: Children of God - Third Day. The Most High God is in charge of aaaaalllll that money in Dubai and everywhere else in the world. The people who think they are in charge of it are foolish. We need to believe that, and we need to start asking Him to transfer it out of the hands of the enemy, into the hands of His heirs.

Now, I can hear all the objections already. Money corrupts, people don't have enough self control to be able to cope with the pressure more money would cause...yada, yada, yada. And those would be correct statements if we were not the SONS and DAUGHTERS of the MOST HIGH GOD. We trust ungodly banks, investment companies and the stock market with the money, but we don't trust Jesus to give us the power to deal with it ourselves??? Is anyone else feeling itchy from the wool over our eyes???

We would still have to be dependent on Him every morning. Please God, give me wisdom on how to handle your money, please God give me self control to avoid wasting it, please God give me joy as I am sowing into Your Kingdom with it. He would still have to provide.

He says, "Go ahead, test me in this." Money is the one area we are allowed to test God in. And when I read that passage, I don't see this: "I will raise the window of heaven just a crack for you and sprinkle out a little wee blessing so that you can give a small portion away and keep the rest, which will be just enough for you to be content." It will be a blessing SO GREAT that WE WON'T HAVE ENOUGH ROOM TO TAKE IT IN. And so what will we have to do with it? That's right, give it away.

So that is the war. What is the current battle that has gotten me riled up this time? Well, it is this family. The Snells are a family from Ontario who have been called to Brazil, with the Xingu Mission. And if I understand correctly (and I hope I do, or I will come out of this looking rather foolish), the only thing keeping them from heading down there is funding. Man, I cannot believe how I much hate to type that.

Actually yes, I can, since after all that is the title of this blog.

So am I just going to rant and rave and vent about it? Well, as good as that feels, it would be selfish. What I am really going to do is ask all of you to help the Snells conquer this last hurdle. They are going to Brazil to raise up a new generation of believers to further the gospel. That excites me because that means we will be that much nearer to closing this chapter of human history and getting on with our real lives in our real home.

Am I going to ask you to give them money or send them encouraging words? Nope, although if you feel led to do that, by all means, go to their site and do it. I am going to ask you to pray with me. And then watch what God does.

Warning: This prayer is not for the faint hearted so if you don't mean it, don't pray it.

Father God. Unfortunately we are a people easily deceived. We are sorry Lord that we've allowed ourselves to be duped here and we state that in the precious name of Your Son, the liar has no power in this area of our lives anymore. We thank you though Lord that when we repent of our blindness, You are quick to forgive us. We ask that from now on Lord, you help us to be quick to believe in Your goodness and Your desire to see Your Kingdom furthered unto the ends of the earth. Help us not to worry about tomorrow or doubt that You will provide our every earthly need if we but believe that You will. Help us to be hardcore seekers of Your Kingdom. We come humbly but boldly before Your throne now Lord and ask for all of us, but particularly for the Snells Lord, for You to open up the windows of heaven. We don't know how you are going to do it Lord, but we trust that if You choose to send them a cheque directly from the hand of someone in Dubai, You can do it and You will do it. For all of us Lord, that are in circumstances that are going to require money Lord, we ask you to search our hearts. We are not lacking because you do not want to give, we are lacking because something within us is not open to receiving. So, correct us oh Lord, discipline us, mold us, refine us, amaze us. Here we stand Father God, we are testing You. In the precious name of Your Son Jesus. Amen.

There, take that satan. Maybe its you I hate after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flash Backs to Declare His Glory

Psalm 96:3 -  Publish His glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things He does. I don't participate m...